This project is read-only.

allowDefinition='MachineToApplication'

Apr 29, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Hi
After added new plugin to "Integration with Asp.NET 4.0" sample project I get an exception:
It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS
I have read that it is associated with many web.config files - in details with ones that are not in root folder of application.
I have connection string in web.config and I plan to add windows authorization to that plugin.
Is this possible. Is there any workaround for that situation?
Br
Apr 30, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Yes the problem disappeared when removing authorization section in web.config.
However it is still problem with accessing appropriate web.config. ConfigurationManager by default returns only host's applications settings.
May 7, 2013 at 4:13 AM
Hi,
Thanks for your feedback, I will check this issue later.

Joey
Jul 9, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Hi Joey,

do you have an update for this issue?

I added "<authentication mode="Windows" />" to my web.config and i got the same error. I don't know if there another way to implement windows authentication into my application. :(

thanks
Marcus
Jul 9, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Edited Jul 9, 2013 at 10:04 AM
MapleTee wrote:
Hi Joey,

do you have an update for this issue?

I added "<authentication mode="Windows" />" to my web.config and i got the same error. I don't know if there another way to implement windows authentication into my application. :(

thanks
Marcus
Hi,
Did you download the newest version from http://osgi.codeplex.com/releases?
If you did, when did you see the error message? after deploying to IIS or use VS built-in webdevelopment server? coz I added the windows authentication mode to web.config, but can't reproduce the error.
Thanks for you feedback,
Best wishes,
Joey
Jul 11, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Ok, sorry it works fine. :)