This project is read-only.

Problem when changing culture

Dec 9, 2013 at 1:12 AM
Edited Dec 9, 2013 at 1:12 AM
Hi, I have a problem when I want to implement multilingualism in the web application. I have create resource files and want to implement language switching by using Application_AcquireRequestState event.

Actually I worked according to this tutorial (http://adamyan.blogspot.com/2010/02/aspnet-mvc-2-localization-complete.html).

When OSGi.NET is not in use i18n works but when OSGi.NET is running language switching doesn't work. When I debug solution I get StackOverflowException in view.

I do not understand what the problem is... Something prevents a change of culture.

Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = ci;
Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = CultureInfo.CreateSpecificCulture(ci.Name);

Thanks in advance for your response
Jan 8, 2014 at 6:45 AM
matijasestak wrote:
Hi, I have a problem when I want to implement multilingualism in the web application. I have create resource files and want to implement language switching by using Application_AcquireRequestState event.

Actually I worked according to this tutorial (http://adamyan.blogspot.com/2010/02/aspnet-mvc-2-localization-complete.html).

When OSGi.NET is not in use i18n works but when OSGi.NET is running language switching doesn't work. When I debug solution I get StackOverflowException in view.

I do not understand what the problem is... Something prevents a change of culture.

Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = ci;
Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = CultureInfo.CreateSpecificCulture(ci.Name);

Thanks in advance for your response
I think there is no limit at i18n in OSGi.NET. I can help to figure it out if you send your demo code to me in email
Jan 16, 2014 at 8:34 AM
Edited Jan 16, 2014 at 8:35 AM
I made i18n example with and without OSGi.NET. You can download it from here
Feb 8, 2014 at 4:31 AM
matijasestak wrote:
I made i18n example with and without OSGi.NET. You can download it from here
sorry for being late reply, we found it's a core issue, please update UIShell.OSGi.dll from here and tell me if it works, thank you.
Feb 9, 2014 at 10:19 PM
shalahu wrote:
matijasestak wrote:
I made i18n example with and without OSGi.NET. You can download it from here
sorry for being late reply, we found it's a core issue, please update UIShell.OSGi.dll from here and tell me if it works, thank you.
Thank you very much, now works without problems.